Monday, May 16, 2011

yogi_Compare TWO Columns To TWO Other Columns And Find Unique Values

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
ohthatdeb said:
There are two lists.
List 1 = Column A + Column B
List 2 = Column D + Column E
And the result I want (shown in Columns G & H) is a list of all items in List 2 that DO NOT appear in List 1.
For example, List 1 has two types of orange:
Orange, Cara Cara
Orange, Blood
List 2 also has two types of orange:
Orange, Cara Cara
Orange, Navel
I need to know which types from List 2 I should add to List 1 to make a complete list.
Both lists contain Cara Cara, but List 2 also contains Orange, Navel which does NOT appear in List 1, so I want that one in my result.
Hope that makes sense -- thanks for looking at it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment