Monday, May 23, 2011

yogi_Compute Sum For Vendors Sponsor Amount Where Amount Column Has Some Text Entries

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                   Google Spreadsheet                     www.energyefficientbuild.com
ThimoGFR said:
I have an Importation sheet with several information. In there are several different vendors with several single orders. Sometimes we get a discount or sponsoring.
What I want is a formula, which sums up the complete sponsoring of a vendor. Problem is that I get new vendors every and I do not want to type the name of the vendor. I tried it with pivot table report - there I could group vendors and with a filter I could sum the sponsoring. Here the Problem is that Pivot table does not really work for me because it destroys my whole sheet.
Sometimes in column V i have "*****" which are not numeric.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

following is an image of part of the Importation sheet
Importation

No comments:

Post a Comment