Tuesday, July 19, 2011

yogi_ Sum A Range Based On Criteria

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
qipaco25 said:
Have been breaking my head over this for some time and hope some one could help me out. The best to describe what I'm trying to do is through an example.
I have the following sheet setup ...
---- A--------B----------C
1---BR2------234--------702
2------------345
3------------123
4---MBR------213--------423
5------------210
6---BR4------124--------203
7-------------34
8-------------45
9---HALL-----234--------234
... I would like for Column C to automatically add a range of values from Column B where Column A begins with a value (ex. BR2 and just before a new value MBR). So C1 = B1:B3. Of course all values and number of blank rows in Column A would be dynamic, based on other parameters.
I hope this makes sense and looking forward to some good ideas!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Following solution is one way ...
wherein I added an intermediary column C

No comments:

Post a Comment