Thursday, July 21, 2011

yogi_Combine Data From Different Columns Corresponding To A Row With A Specified Separator

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com

Antagonasty said:
I'm using Chrome an Windows 7
I need to create a google doc with a huge amount of data for my bosses. They are easily intimidated by technology and don't want to use anything other than Google Docs. What I need to do is:
Take a huge list of names, and sort a huge amount of data about them including 2 addresses and a big list of dates for each name.
What I would like is to make a column for dates, and within each cell put between 1-50 dates. However, to keep the cells with 50 dates from making the spreadsheet too unwieldly, In my imagination, what would be awesome is if after a certain amount of data, the cell stopped showing that there was more automatically. Maybe if you clicked on it, it would become visible.
If there's a way to do this, awesome. If there's a better suggestion one of you has, that would be even better. I'm at a total loss here.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me see if I understand what you are intending to do ...



No comments:

Post a Comment