Thursday, August 25, 2011

yogi_Find Information For A Validated Cell From Another Sheet

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
chk4p said:
So let's assume that I have a sheet ("ContactInformation") of contact information that looks like this:
John Smith, email@email.com, 5133471111, etc
Jane White, contact@random.com, 4343141592,etc
Now, in a separate sheet, I have a row (we'll call it the "SelectedUser" row) that begins with a validated cell (drop down), from which I select John Smith:
How can I populate the rest of the SelectedUser row with the information from the "ContactInformation" sheet?
I want this to be done *dynamically*. For instance, specifying a long block of IF's is not useful, because it doesn't actually cut down on much work.
Any tips, tricks, ideas?
--------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment