Saturday, September 10, 2011

yogi_Lookup Address Changes For Same Names In Sheets 1 And 2 And Paste Original And Changed Addresses In Sheet3

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
veritasins said:
I have a contact list in Sheet 1 with the columns A-D and the titles Name, Address, Phone, Email. I have a similar contact list in Sheet 2. I need to know if there are any differences in the two sheets (need to find duplicates from Sheet 1 Column B and Sheet 2 Column B)....Specifically the Address Column. The perfect situation would be to be able to to show the entire contact that is NOT duplicate in Sheet 3 with Name, Address, Phone, and Email.
The way this works is I am downloading a contact list each month and I need to find out if there are any differences between the two lists each month to see if anyone has changed their address.
If I needed to, I could just have Sheet 2 Column E show the word Duplicate if that is an easier formula.
I was hoping that this formula posted by A.P.L. would work - =ArrayFormula( IF( LEN( A:A ) * ( COUNTIF( A:A ; A:A ) > 1 ) ; "Duplicate" ; IFERROR( 1/0 ) ) ) and I could just add Sheet2! to one of the formulas, but I can not get it to work.
I also tried a formula by yogia but I could not get it across two sheets either.
Browser & Operating System (Chrome):
Using Free Google Apps
-------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment