Thursday, October 27, 2011

yogi_Determine The Status Of An Entity From A DropDown List In Another Sheet

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user TutorBrian said:
Very complicated IF then?

Pretty simple I imagine but I can't figure it out...
Sheet 1:  I have two columns.  One column is a list of all my students (400 students).  The next column is their status.  
Sheet 2:  I have two columns, one is a pull down menu so my teachers can select a student.  In the second column I want the cells to be automatically populated with the student's status from sheet 1 dependent on the student populated in Sheet 2 column 1.  
So, on Sheet 2 I want the second column to first look at the first column, see which student the teacher chose and populate it with the corresponding student status from sheet 1.
I'm not sure how to do this.
----------------------------------------
following are a few ways of solution to the problem ...

No comments:

Post a Comment