Wednesday, October 5, 2011

yogi_Extract Data Into Another Sheet Based On Row Number In The Sheet

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
a user asked:
display a specific row on a second sheet
I am trying to get the cells on Sheet2 to display information from Sheet1 based on the row I select. For example if I have a basic spreadsheet with columns of Firstname and Lastname, I would like to go to Sheet2 and select row 2 (from Sheet1) and have it display John Smith. The basic formula I had hoped would work was =Sheet1!B(A1) where A1 was 2 but that returned a parse error. Any help would be appreciated.
-------------------------------------
original data is in Sheet1; in Sheet2 I have extracted data in an entire row of Sheet1 based on row of Sheet2

No comments:

Post a Comment