Friday, December 2, 2011

yogi_For Data In Column A Of Sheet1 Lookup Data From MasterList Sheet And Populate All The Fields

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user Pink Frankenstein said:
I want a cell to autopopulate based on the contents of another cell that was entered via data validation
Using Data Validation I can create a list of valid email addresses in my company for people to choose from. What I want to do is include the phone extension in a corresponding cel next to it.
So I create a sheet within the spreadsheet with all that information:
Email            PhoneExt
joe@joe.com      5667
kim@joe.com      5689
amy@joe.com      5643
I want to be able to choose the email address from a Data Validation cel and have it autopopulate the phone extension number in the cel next to it.
Is this possible?
Later Pink Frankenstein said:
Will I be able to add more to the MasterList?
-------------------------------------

following is the problem solution

No comments:

Post a Comment