Friday, December 2, 2011

yogi_Highlight If Number Of Times A Specified Phrase Used In A Column Exceeds A Specified Limit

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user hngkong said:
Looking for a way to limit people from using a specific phrase in a spreadsheet
So I have a spreadsheet that I share at work with many other people.  It has a list of everyone's name and to the right, what their assignment is for the day.  What I have been asked to do was find a way to limit one of the assignments to only 9 people per day.  It's been made clear that there is no way for them to self police themselves and check before they sign up for it.
So what I am asking is there a way to allow people to input the response up until that limit and then not afterward?  Or maybe use conditional formatting to turn a green square yellow once enough people sign up, and red if people go over?
I won't lie, I'm terrible at using spreadsheets, so thank you in advance!

----------------------------------------------------------

follwing is solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment