Friday, April 6, 2012

yogi_Assign Numeric Grade To Correspond With Letter Grade In Grade Table

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                Google Spreadsheet          Post  #495         www.energyefficientbuild.com

user dzsyna said:
GRADING HELP: assigning number to letter
Hi,
I have a very long column of cells that contains letter grades (egs. A+,C- etc). But for my class I need to submit the student's point and not their letter grade. I need a solution to give their appropriate number value in the next cell (A+ = 20, A = 17, etc.) If the cell is A+ then the next cell's value changes to 20, if the cell's value is A then change the next cell's value to 17, ...and so on...you get the idea. I'm fairly new to excel and google, please help in lay language. :)
Thanks a bunch!
---------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem
 

No comments:

Post a Comment