Thursday, April 26, 2012

yogi_Share Different Views Consisting Of Different Columns In A Spreadsheet With Different Contacts

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #518    Apr 26, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user shiroise said:
Share only selected spreadsheet columns INSTANTLY + SECURELY
I need to create a main spreadsheet with 4 different views.
All views have the first 5 columns.
Each view then has additional columns from the main spreadsheet.
I make each of these 4 vies  accessible to different contacts (total is only 7 persons)
So ContactA can see view 1 = First 5 cols + col 6, 7 8.
ContactB can see view 2 = First 5 cols + col 9,10,11.
etc
I need my colleagues to access the info they need in real time. I do not want to have to download and send a copy - this is what I do already.
I have seen a suggestion to use Hide but then I would have to remember to use Hide every time I make a change in order to keep data securely hidden. Sooner or later I would forget or my assistant would!
Quite a lot of enquiries sem to have been made about this function. Is there something I've missed in my searches?

---------------------------------------------------------
there is no direct way to share multiple views of the same spreadsheet ... following is my Workaround solution to the problem

and here is an image of the spreadsheet

from the spreadsheet, I created 4 (four) spreadsheets ... one for each view -- View_1, View_2, View_3, View_4 as depicted in the following



No comments:

Post a Comment