Tuesday, April 24, 2012

yogi_Work Around For Conditionally Formatting Dates In A Column Based on A Formula-1

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #514    Apr 24, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user GavinP said: 
I require the cell to turn red if the date is any time between today and 20 days in the future. For example, today is 24/04/2012, so I need the cell to be red if the date is between 25/04/2012 and 14/05/2012 (20 days in the future). The spreadsheet is designed to warn me if a date has either passed or is coming up 20 days in the future. 
Thanks! 
--------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem -- Please note that I changed TODAY to specified date to have generalized solution This solution is an extension to the solution I had posted in response to the user's similar question -- see my blog post: http://yogi--anand-consulting.blogspot.com/2012/04/yogiwork-around-for-conditionally.html

 

2 comments:

  1. Is this possible with multiple colors as well? For instance, if I wanted to have black for less than two weeks from today, red for between two weeks and a month, yellow for between one month and two months, and green for anything further away than two months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jaredpdrake:

    Yes it is possible ...

    I have posted a solution in my following blog post

    yogi_Work Around For Multi-Conditional Formatting Dates In A Column Based on A Formula
    http://yogi--anand-consulting.blogspot.com/2013/02/yogiwork-around-for-multi-conditional.html

    so check it out how it works.


    Make It A Great One.
    Cheers!
    Yogi
    Cloud Computing -- Google Docs Way
    yogi--anand-consulting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete