Tuesday, May 15, 2012

yogi_Compute Accumulated Sum Of Entity In A Column By Row

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #541    May 15, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user DMDodged said:
Math functions
So I have what is probably a very simple question, but I'm new to google docs.
I would like to enter my hours from a job into one column, and have the column next to it add together all of the numbers from the hours column. E.g. If I enter in column 1 row 1: 4 hours, and in column 1 row 2: 5 hours, I would like column 2 row 2 read 9 hours. And continue down the line. So if I then enter column 1 row 3:4 hours, I would like column 2 row 3 to add all of the previous hours to total 13 hours. 
I know how to make each cell calculate a range from the previous column, but it would be easier if I could just put a number in to column 1 and have it automatically update column 2. 
If this is possible let me know, and please send me the script, but if it isn't I can just do it the slow way.
Thanks alot
DMDodged
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem



No comments:

Post a Comment