Wednesday, May 16, 2012

yogi_Compute Game Stats In Terms Of Win Loss and Tie

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #543    May 17, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user teacher coach said:
Using Form to create league stats
Hi Yogi,
I've read many of your replies to other people's questions and I'm starting get some understanding but it's still over my head at this time.
here's a link to a copy of the form/spreadsheet that I have created so far
I initially created it with only win or loss options and it wasn't too hard to figure out.  Now I'm trying to retrofit it to allow for possible tie game situations.  That's where I'm stuck.  I also need the form to be very simple and easy so that coaches will be able to enter the game scores quickly and simply, otherwise they won't bother and this will all be a waste of time.
Also, i'm using Junior Girls Basketball as an example to work with here but if I figure that out I'll replicate the form and spreadsheet for all of the other sports and age groups we have.
Thanks for your help.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem


1 comment:

  1. Hi Yogi,
    I've been at this again for a couple of hours. I've tried a number of different formulas but nothing seems to work yet. I found another possible solution on a different forum.
    http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312991
    This looks like a spreadsheet that wants to do exactly what I'm trying to do but I can't get the formula to work for me. I'll share the doc again if you could have a look and see if I'm close.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al2wpfh8AoSzdDJHaGtWVk9SakNHM3JldFZ0TENnWHc

    look at cell O2 on 'scores' sheet
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete