Tuesday, May 22, 2012

yogi_Compute The Number Of Non-Blank Rows In Specified Columns

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #553    May 22, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user NYVergara said:
Is it possible to count the number of rows in a given field with only names in the cells? (no numbers) I want a total of cells which have data not empty cells
I have a spreadsheet and would like to count the number of rows used. There are several columns but not all of the rows have data. Example: Column D: I am using row 31 to 50 in Column E: I am using Row 31 to 43 can I get a total in row 51 that tells me how many rows were used in column B  and how many rows were used in column E? Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment