Friday, May 11, 2012

yogi_Find Average Of Last Specified Number Of Entries In A Column

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #536    May 12, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user golfdiscaverage said:
finding an average of last 3 non zero entries 
A5 to A41 are dates. B5 to B41 will be scores for those dates, but some dates haven't came up yet. I need a formula to find the last 3 non zero entries from B5 to B41. I will be adding entries as the year goes on, and I would like to have a cell (B2) that would update accordingly. Some weeks there won't be an entry due to a no show, and I need my formula to skip that week or put 0, but to average the last 3 non zero's. Thanks for any help.
---------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem where I have generalized the number of last non-zero entries to be entertained

2 comments:

  1. Yogi! You are a true Google spreadsheet guru!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bart:

    Oh my goodness ... it has been a long time -- I think our last contact was via MrExcel going back a few years now. Pray everything is well with you -- and thanks for your generous comment.

    Cheers!
    Yogi
    Cloud Computing -- Google Docs Way
    yogi--anand-consulting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete