Wednesday, May 23, 2012

yogi_Setup Table To Enter Start LunchOut LunchIn End Hours In 12 Hour HH:MM Format And Compute Hours Worked In HH:MM

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #554    May 23, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user  Sparky Cider said:
Spreadsheet: Tracking working hours (minus the lunch breaks). Also changing the format from 24-hour to 12-hour
Hello,
I currently have a spreadsheet that we are going to use for our business. To give you an idea of our spreadsheet, it has the following fields:

Start (B12)
Lunch Out (C12)
Lunch In (D12)
End (E12)
Now, the employee does not get paid for their lunch break, so we need to minus that from their daily working hours. I would like to use the 12-hour format instead of the 24-hour format. I did see examples how to use the 24-hour format, some that worked -- some that do not work. Also, is it possible to change the input format in spreadsheets? I am trying to locate it but I am having a hard time finding it. For example, you can change this in MS Office, so I am not sure if Google has this capability yet.
For example: If a user inputs 8:00, it automatically changes it to: 8:00:00. Now, I can tell you this will be confusing to some employees, so I would like to dismiss that :00. I would also like to know if we could dismiss military time because employees will most likely not favor this new-improved spreadsheet.
Please advise :-)
------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem



No comments:

Post a Comment