Wednesday, May 9, 2012

yogi_Sort Data in Column A By Year Of Date In Column B In Ascending Order By Date

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #534    May 9, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user mjw2185 said:
Format date to display year onl
I have a spreadsheet compiled with production information on various films.  I want to be able to enter a film's release date as a full date, such 5/9/12, but have it only display as "2012" in the cell.
Currently I am entering only the year of a release date, but I am then not able to sort the releases in chronological order if there are multiple titles in the same year.  If possible, I'd like to display the year only in the cell, but have the full date taken into account when sorting.
Thanks for any suggestions you can provide!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem


No comments:

Post a Comment