Friday, August 17, 2012

yogi_Query Build Table And List # Of Units By Builder And Units To Be Built

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #704   Aug 17, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user JHMalloy said: (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=j5bfnhfy17lb#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/5Met8LPS8b8%5B1-25%5D)
Counting all and then subtracting an assigned cell
At my office we use a shared spreadsheet to assign units to work on.
So for example column A will be the units
S1000
S2000
CV500
S3000
G250
etc.
Column B will be where people write their names next to the unit they are working on.
I would like to create an area on the sheet that lists the number of each kind of unit we have and then have change when people sign up for a unit to reflect the number left.
I have been doing the first part using =CountIf to count the number of a unit (ex; S1000). Is there any way to set it up to have it not count that unit if a name is in the adjacent cell in column B?
----
Here is a sheet that is basically a duplicate of the real sheet that I've been using to play around with:
Basically I've got a list of units in column B. People sign up to work on the unit in column c.
Right now I'm using the green table section to count all the units of each type that need to be worked on in a day. I've been doing that with a countif. I'd like to find a way to get that to omit units that have a builder signed up next to them.
I'd love to be able to have a column of what is left to be built, a column of the original total, so that I can have a third column that is % build for that day, so we can get a sense of our progress.
The table with our names above is just a way to count how many units each builder has worked on in a day. I don't know if its helpful, but I included it as a master list of names if that's helpful.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

following is a solution tot he problem

No comments:

Post a Comment