Thursday, September 20, 2012

yogi_Count Number Of Items By Specified Range Of Values In A Column

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      Google Spreadsheet   Post  #766  Sep 20, 2012    www.energyefficientbuild.com

user martinekc said: (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=y7jq6icx61c4#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/XINzhRWWSr8)
How do I count a range? 
I am trying to count the number of cells in a range of values.  For example, I have a long list of numbers.  I want to count how many of them are between 0 and 9, then how many are between 10 and 19, and so on.  How do I do this?  The only thing I have been able to do up to this point is to use the "Countif" function for each individual value and then find the sum of those.  There must be an easier way.  (I am using a Mac OS X with Firefox browser.)

Thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment