Wednesday, October 17, 2012

yogi_Compare Inventory Items And Extract Items That Are In TAB1 And Are Not In TAB2

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      Google Spreadsheet   Post  #814  Oct 18, 2012    www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user JTPO said: (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=9jrp4o21m1am#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/qdksO7lZHhw)
Comparing similar data between two tabs in a sheet, need help!
I have an inventory list that we keep in excel, everything is identified with a stock# that contains numbers and letters. In Column A I have the complete list of all the inventory, row by row. In TAB2 I have all our inventory listed by stock # that we have on our website. The stock #'s in TAB1 is what we know we have, the stock #'s in TAB2 is what we manually have put online, so with human error we always end up finding inventory items that never made it online. The goal is to be able to copy and paste our inventory online in TAB2, and compare it with all our inventory in TAB1, and have it show us which stock #'s are missing. TAB1 has 208 inventory records in Clumn A, TAB2 has 196 inventory records in Column A, so I know 12 records are missing from TAB2 that are in TAB1, but I can't figure our the formula to do this. I've tried VLOOKUP as well as some other formulas online but no luck. I have put the link to the spreadsheet as well to show what I am trying to do.


I am using Chrome, iMac 2011.

Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem


No comments:

Post a Comment