Friday, March 1, 2013

yogi_Compute Total And Row By Row Cost And Number Of Test Packages For Test Registration Program


                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1059
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.    Mar 1, 2013
user CPGuidance said:(http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=d551y2afw061#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/RZaqf1ahqzA)
Changing Text to Numbers

Hello! I am trying to convert text to a binary number. The text is being auto-inputted from a Google Form. The possible answers are $87, $0 or blank. I want to create a formula that adds a "1" for either $87 or $0 and a "0" for anything left blank. I need this formula to keep moving down as forms are submitted.
 
In the end, I want to calculate the number of "1's" I have in each column which will let me know how many tests I need to order. I would like the total #'s right under the heading of the tests (in row 1 right under row 2 (if possible).
 
The spreadsheet is located here...
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the following solution I have stats in colums to the left of the Form data so that it will facilitate adding more test to the right indifinitely subject of course to the limit on maximum number of columns


No comments:

Post a Comment