Thursday, July 25, 2013

yogi_Compute Row By Row Sum Of Two Columns Of Lap Times In Minutes Seconds And Milliseconds

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1306
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Jul 25, 2013
user Rick Robinson-Donnelan (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=lhbkt93evv10#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/SN8LklEo7_Q)
adding two lap times together (MM:SS.000 milliseconds)
Hi guys

I've done a bit of searching but not been able to find the answer I was looking for.

Basically, I have two lap times (think racing) in the format of:

MM:SS:000 (tenths, hundreds, thousands)

so for example 1:37.456 

I then have another lap time, 1:37.978

I want to be able to add the two times together and come up with the total race time. Every time I do it, it comes up with a bad value and I can't see any option for it in the formatting. I know it must be easy to do but I don't know how.

1 rule however: The two lap times must be simple i.e. I need to be able to just type/copy and paste the numbers in without any formatting and then the Total field work out the rest for itself. I don't want to have to enter formulae into both each lap time fields if that makes sense. I just want the total to work it all out itself.

Thanks in advance
All the best
Rick
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment