Sunday, September 1, 2013

yogi_Create Computed Column For Row By Row Count Of Instances Of LIKES For Specified Group Of Products

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1353
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Sep 01, 2013
user Clark Griswold (https://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!mydiscussions/docs/oqDGPlb5k4g)
ARRAYFUNCTION not counting on new row form insert
I have read multiple posts and find myself, sometimes, more confused than when I started. So I'll just ask.
I have a spreadsheet that is populated with form results. There are multiple columns in which the responses are either 'Yes' or 'No'. I want to count the 'Yes' responses in a range and show that number in column E, which is simple =COUNTIF(L2:BO2,"Yes"); however, I would like to see column E be populated when I open the spreadsheet after a new submission. As it is, I am populating the column myself each time (selecting the cell in the previous row and dragging down).
I have read several posts that indicate that I am to use the ARRAYFUNCTION and have wrapped my formula in it like so: =ARRAYFORMULA(COUNTIF(L2:BO2,"Yes")) but a new row submission returns just a blank cell.
Clearly I am doing something wrong. Can anybody help out by explaining what I might do to get it right? Thank you, in advance!
---

And here are the answers to the A, B, C questions:

A) I would like cell E2 to give a total "Yes" count for cell range G2:K2 and cell F2 to give a total "Yes" count for range L2:O2 
B) Sheet1, E2, F2
C) The expected result would be that whenever a new row is added the appropriate total would be calculated for the cells in cols E and F

I hope that make sense? 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment