Tuesday, October 22, 2013

yogi_Compute Average_Of_K IT_Mode IQ_Mode And A_Mode For Open Ended Sets Of Assignements Starting From Column I And Extending To Right

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1397
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Oct 22, 2013
question by Elee2 (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=qqro32tr26fh#!mydiscussions/docs/OGOGBCYLVJ8)
Trying to use IF and MODE, ie pretty much lost
Hello:

I am pretty new to Google sheets and Excel type documents in general.  I am trying to get a bit more organized and spent hours and I am pretty much getting nowhere.  I am trying to have Google docs calculate a number of things, I uploaded just the skeleton copy for reference.

1.  First I was trying to find the average of only the columns that were labeled "K" for each row of students.  I understand that I could manually select each cell to add but I was hoping to find another method since I would have about 300 students and this would not be the answer.  That roundabout way ended was to add 2 more columns, one for the sum of all the values in the K columns for each row and the other was how many "K" columns existed which I seem to only need to add once unless I was looking for missing grades I guess.  I don't mind it as much, but if I could condensed it to just one cell showing the average for only the columns that are labeled "K" that would be great.

2.  The other is I would like to find a command that would take the Mode for all columns labeled IT, IQ and A for each row of students.  I tried several IF commands, but most of of the time I unknown error, unknown function, Parse error and so forth.  The last one I tried was =IF(J4:AH4,"IT", MODE J5:AH5).

Any help would be greatly appreciated on formatting and even setup ideas.

Thank you.


Attachments (1)


Copy of Gradebook.xlsx
----------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment