Tuesday, October 8, 2013

yogi_From A table of Data Compute Averge Of Data In Various Column By Week And By Month

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1389
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Oct 08, 2013
user: Matt Williams - Pratt (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=tx4vq0r05z9f#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/VjAzAtjnquw)
Finding and averaging data based on a different column
Howdy!

First I want to say thanks to all the wonderful people who answer questions here! I have never asked anything here but I have found answers to a lot of questions by browsing through.

Anyways, here is what I got:

I have a huge collection of data sorted by date. The first column has the date, the second column has the week number, the third has the month number. After this my columns of data start. 

I want to be able to find a weekly and monthly average for each month and week for each data column. 
Here is a quick and much smaller example:

DateWeekMonthData 1Data 2Data 3
1/1/13110.51321
1/9/13210.81683
2/1/13520.31915
2/2/13520.41478
Average
WeeklyData 1Data 2Data 3
1
2
3
4
5
Average
MonthlyData 1Data 2Data 3
1
2

I want to know what to put into each of the averages area to make it find all the values in a column for week 1, 2, etc...
My data set is much larger with about 50 different columns with a data point for every day. 

Any advice would be appreciated!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment