Wednesday, January 8, 2014

yogi_Make A Pie Chart Of Expense By Category From A Table Of Categories And Amount Spent

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1477
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Jan-08-2014
question by carniki (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/rmzB_53FT0E)
How do I combine categories/labels for a pie chart?!?
I'm creating a basic monthly spending spreadsheet for myself, and I'd like to include a pie chart that shows where my spending is going by percent.  I've successfully created and inserted the pie chart, but I can't figure out how to combine categories.

As an example of my issue, I have entered a $ for rent, food, credit card, utilities as categories.  Some categories are going to show up multiple times in a month (ex: food), and the pie chart is creating a separate "pie slice" for each line...not grouping by category.  So I have a ton of tiny slices for food when I'd like them all merged together.  

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!  :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment