Wednesday, January 8, 2014

yogi_Working With Dates In Google New Sheets Show Blanks As Blanks And Not As 1899-12-30

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1478
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Jan-08-2014
question by bnb2108 (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/G3FeEMD58M0)
How do I fix date display issue with VMerge in the new Google sheets?
Hi! I am trying to merge three columns worth of data-- one of which contains date information formatted MM/DD/YYYY-- from several sheets into a master. After running a VMerge in the new Google Sheets, all of the cells with blank date information display as 12/30/1899 in the master sheet. Does anyone know how to correct this? I would like the blank cells to remain blank in the merge. 

The other merged columns (one of which contains percentages) appear to be functioning properly. Also, if I run the same VMerge in the old Google Sheets, I don't have this problem.

I'm not the savviest Google Sheets user, so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as of Jan-08-2014 I have noticed there is a problem displaying Google New Sheets in my blog posts

so in case my spreadsheet is not being displayed in the blog post, I am posting an image of the spreadsheet  as well


No comments:

Post a Comment