Saturday, March 8, 2014

yogi_Multi-Conditional Sum Of Amounts Of Various Categories By Months Of The Specified Year

                                         Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1554
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Mar-08-2014
post by Jeffrois  (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/docs/KBH3YRKe6oM)
Nested SUMIF (or possible other function) with month/date range
I'm trying to do a nested SUMIF, but to no avail. This is what I'm trying to accomplish

I'm trying to add the amount (column F) based on category (G) AND month (B). The end goal is going to have a separate cell for every month/category combination. For example, for the month of September, I will have a separate cell (and a separate code) for Miscellaneous, Inventory, etc. For the month of October I'll have a separate cell for the same. So, the SUMIF (or other function) would need to include a range of cells (currently B3:B33 for the date, G3:G33 for the category, and F3:F33 for the amount that will be totaled).


I can get a month function to work -- =IF(MONTH(B5)=9,"yes","no") and a sumif function to work, but not the combination of the two.

Any thoughts or ideas? Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks for your help!

---
Hi Yogi,

Thanks for being willing to take a look at it! It looks like the image that I posted didn't get published correctly anyway.


When looking at that document, the formula would go in the tab, "Cash Flow", in cell D9 for Inventory, D10 for Rent, D11 for Wages, etc. Once the D column is complete, I would drag the formula to the right for the remaining months and update as needed. The formula would relate to the "Investments" tab. Again, needing to total sums in the "Total column, depending on each category (Rent, Wages, Marketing, Miscellaneous, etc), as well as the month.

By the way, I've checked out your blog in the past when I've had questions, and I appreciate your posts! Thank you!

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Best,

Jeff
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment