Sunday, May 25, 2014

yogi_Pull List Of Unique Items In Columns D to F With Their Corresponding Count From Most To Least In Alphabetical Order


                                         Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1648 
                                     Updated Aug-01-2016 -- Added Sheet3

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   May-25-2014
post by romgl: (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/O9TCwKC5fPs)
How to list and count unique cells in multiple columns?
Hi,

I'm wondering how you list and count the number of unique cells when they're in multiple columns and in a different tab. What formula would you use?
(I have data listed in columns D-F in one tab, and there are some repeats in different columns. I want to see which ones are repeated the most and how many times)

Thanks!
---
'm sorry, I don't want to make my spreadsheet public.

I did find a formula through a Google search which works for all the data in one column, but I don't know how to modify it for three columns. The formula I found was this:

=query(query('Bonuses'!$D$1:$D;"select D, upper(D) where (D is not null and D<>'')";0);"select Col1, count(Col2) group by Col1 order by count(Col2) desc label count(Col2) 'count'";1)

Do you know how to change this so that it works for columns D-F, and not just D?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment