Friday, May 9, 2014

yogi_Setup ImportRange Formula In Cell A2 And The Results Outputting In Specified Number Of Cells Vertically Below


                                         Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1629
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   May-09-2014
post by: Anthony Cosentino (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/B2m_kIvGJJA)
ImportRange to a specific cell
Hi,

How do I use ImportRange in a new sheet to populate in a different cell from where the formula is created. 

This is what I have:

I have the key of the spreadsheet I want to import in A1
I created the formula in A2 and it looks something like this;   =ImportRange(A1,"Sheet1!A4:E199")

I want the imported range to start at cell A6  

Thanks!
---
I am going to share the spreadsheet with the imported dated with users who will need to create their own Filtered views. I want to protect the cell with the ImportRange formula so that it cannot be deleted or modified. I can't give the users View access as they will not be able to Filter views
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is one formula based approach ...
another approach would be to use the VMERGE custom written function by ahab to vertically merge some blank rows above the range to be ImprtRanged


No comments:

Post a Comment