Sunday, August 3, 2014

yogi_WorkAround To Show Time Duration In Minutes And Seconds Rather Than Hours Minutes And Seconds That Google Spreadsheet Wants To Show

                         Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1721
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Aug-03-2014
post by Derek Messenger:
(https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/s6Poa2FZtec)
How do I format times of duration as minutes and seconds only?
I am a cross country coach and recently had a Chromebook forced on me.  Please help me and show that a simple thing actually can be done.  Let's say that the athletes time was 13 minutes and 42 seconds.  If I enter "13:42", it reads it as 13 hours, 42 minutes.  Since I need to do calculations with the times, this will not work.  If I change the format to "duration", it shows hours, minutes, seconds, milliseconds.  I cannot have all those 0"s.  If I could find a way for the .00 for milliseconds not to show up, my problem would be solved for the most part.  Please help as this is majorly frustrating.  I'm supposed to be excited about my new Chromebook.  Help.  
---


No comments:

Post a Comment