Friday, October 10, 2014

yogi_Find The Associated Map In B2 To B For The Most Occurring Name As Specified In Cell I5

                  Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1785
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Oct-11-2014
post by  Brandon Liatys:
(https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/docs/u4y7vbLglUE)
Find the most frequently occurring word in a column if a row contains a word
Hi,

I have 6 columns, B C D E F and G. In columns C to G, I have names in no specific order. In column B I have a list of "Map" names that reoccur down the column. My question is, how would I write a function to get me the most frequently occurring map name for a specific persons name? Keeping in mind that the name could be in any of the C through G columns. So if I specify the name "Brandon" in the following example, it would return "Map 3" as the most frequent map.

Example:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to a bit more generalized problem in that if more than one Map is the most frequent Map, I show all the Maps as a comma delimited string

No comments:

Post a Comment