Saturday, November 8, 2014

yogi_Conditionally Format Cells In Columns A and C and Columns B and D For Non-Matching Entries

                 Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1825
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Nov-08-2014
post by  smithbc:
(https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ba_notification#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/BpPTST3SJJc)
Identify Matching (Duplicate) Values in 2 columns to ensure a match

I've been searching other help topics on this issue and can't seem to get the desired results. The one that seemed to almost work was this one: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/docs/VUzJvcKS0p0
which I tried to implement in the sheet referenced above.

I have 2 lists of values that I am trying to make sure that they match. Each list has 2 columns (Account number and Account Name) - both should match. I just want to make sure that all of the values in Columns A/B are in Columns C/D. . The list in Columns C/D will contain additional values as it contains subtotal fields, but these can be ignored. 

I am trying to compare the values in Columns A and C and output an indication if there are any values that are NOT in both columns. I want to do the same thing with Columns B and D. 

As an example: Let's say in Column A there is a value of 4010, but this value is not in Column C because I accidentally entered it as 4011. I want those unique values to some how be highlighted so I can change them to get them to match. 

Perhaps conditional formatting would be a better way to go about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment