Monday, December 1, 2014

yogi_Conditionally Format Column A Based On The Number Of Times A Name Appears In The Column

              Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1852
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Dec-01-2014
post by  lodaries:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ba_notification#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/OXTKW0a-YiE
Countif for >= and <=
I'm using the following Formulas under conditional formulas-  I don't want to share the sheet it has student info on it, and I'd get fired- but I figured that someone could answer my question without too much issues if I post my formulas.  What we are doing is counting the number of times a name appears on the discipline list, and color coding it.   

=countif(A:A,A1)=1   It colors the cell Green
=countif(A:A,A1)=2 it colors the cell yellow

=countif(A:A,A1)>=7 it colors the cell blue

All of these formulas work fine- The formula I am having trouble with, is the middle one-  I want it to color the cell red if the name appears between 3 and 6 times. 


=countifs(A:A,A1)>=3<6


Can someone tell me what formula I should use to do this?   
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment