Friday, December 5, 2014

yogi_Given In And Out Info Compute Number of Days Including Fractional Days Discounting Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)

              Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1855
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Dec-05-2014
post by  Janice Roberts:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/docs/0O-Abpxxxnk
Calculating number of work hours between timestamps
I am building a sheet that creates a timestamp when a specific cells is changed.  I need to calculate the number of work hours between the two dates.  I want to exclude weekends from the calculation.

Can anyone help?  Thanks!

Janice
---
Thanks for your response!   Below is a link to my spreadsheet, which I have shared to all with the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KZM8vT0CA8b6CqDM857xvog7TbtVBuhBqllRjX7yQ6k/edit#gid=1709386020

In Row AN I am calculating time worked by subtracting the timestamps in cells AI and AG.  In Row AQ I used a formula to give me my answers in days.  The problem is that I don't want weekend days to count into my calculation because no one works on the weekends.  Row 6 is an example of timestamps that include a weekend.

I would like to calculate the number of days worked as in AQ but I would like the weekends to be subtracted. 

Hopefully this is enough information but if not please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Janice
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment