Thursday, April 6, 2017

yogi_Compute Row By Row Count Of Type Of Shards From Data In C6 To D

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2145
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Apr-06-2017
question by Micheal McAllister:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=best_answer_notification_button#!topic/docs/Yu5XAXLdg3s;context-place=forum/docs

Using COUNTIF and wildcards for cells with commas and similar words

I'm trying to create a form to tally the drop rate of shards for this game I'm playing.  I wanted to see if some shards had a higher/lower drop rate than others.  To count the individual shards per difficulty, I've been using =countif(range, "*shard name*") and that has worked well.  

Unfortunately, two of the shards have the same first word "Piercing" and "Piercing Power" so when I use the above code to count "Piercing" it gives me the total for both of them. Is there anyway to differentiate the two different shards?  Can I somehow include the comma in the criterion?

Here's a sample spreadsheet  


No comments:

Post a Comment