Monday, December 11, 2017

yogi_Conditionally Format Unfilled Scores In Range F2:I

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2316

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Dec-11-2017
If, and, then conditional formatting?
Hi all, 
I am somewhat of a novice looking for expert advice! 

I have a sheet where columns A-E contain student data and teachers add 4 points of data ('scores' if you like) in columns F-I. Last year, we had many teachers forget/ neglect/ overlook one or more of the 'score' columns so I wanted to add a formula where if one (or more) of the columns was blank, it would show up as bright yellow.
Problem is, I only want this for rows where student data is entered ie. not for rows where we wouldn't expect any data entry. 

I am thinking this is the worded version of what I want...
IF column B has an entry AND any of column F-I is blank THEN highlight the blank cell in bright yellow
but not sure what that looks like in terms of conditional formatting/ composing an actual formula.

Would appreciate any help that anyone has to offer.
Many thanks, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment