Saturday, January 20, 2018

yogi_Troubleshoot And Fix Problem With Date String In Cell A2

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2348

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Jan-20-2018
Date text not being recognized as a date (i.e. Jan 01, 2018)
I'm trying to parse some text that gets automatically imported into my spreadsheet as a date, but that text isn't being recognized correctly. However, when I go to a blank cell and type the exact same value, it's being recognized as a date. Any ideas.

Here are two examples that I can't the spreadsheet to recognize as dates.
M‌a‌r‌ ‌1‌6‌,‌ ‌2‌0‌1‌8‌
=datevalue("M‌a‌r‌ ‌1‌6‌,‌ ‌2‌0‌1‌8‌")

Here's a link to a spreadsheet that shows the issue. Two identical formulas (as far as I can tell) get different results.


No comments:

Post a Comment