Sunday, April 1, 2018

yogi_Pull Members Order Data (Product and Quantity) by Email Address From Orders Data In Another Sheet

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2411

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Apr-01-2018

Does VLOOKUP work for non-unique records?

I'm having trouble expressing this in a thread title let alone working out how to do it! Let me explain:

I have a 2 sheets. One contains a list of users, the other is a record of their transactions. They can each choose from a menu of possible transactions. In fact this is a data export from an online shop, so we can regard the transactions as products. I need to report on who has bought what, or not yet bought anything. The problem is that each user can order more than one product, so the list of transactions is not unique. I have looked at VLOOKUP but I think it will only work for unique records. Am I right? Is there a better approach? Whatever method I use needs to be capable of development so that I can plug in other queries. Sorry but I am very rusty on spreadsheets in general. I was not bad 30 years ago but things have moved on a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment